Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hogwarts...

"When superstars and cannonballs are running through your head..." With Animal song running through my head, i was walking towards my uncle's home. Actually i didnt know the way exactly, and i was supposed to be waiting for my uncle to come and fetch me from stop to his house. But owing to wild human nature (courtesy: Animal song..) i just couldnt wait there. And so, i started walking...

On the way i was also looking around, to see if my uncle is coming. That time only the song changed. My trustworthy phone started playing another one of my favorite song - Theme song of the anime Naruto. And i was swept into total rocking mood.. Practically telling, my five senses were receiving stimulus from the surroundings but my brain wasnt ready to register at all. Suddenly i saw something, which brought me back into the world, but not the real world. It took me to magic world of J K Rowling. I know, some of you would have guessed that i saw harry potter movie's poster somewhere; but hello, new HP movie isnt released yet.. No i didnt see any poster, instead i saw a sign post...


I started thinking, how can it be? According to J K R, it is somewhere in Britain. Then how come its sign board is here? And why the sign board? Most importantly, why am I able to see the sign board? I cant be a Wizard.. If i would have been one, i would have got a an owl post long back.. What the hell was happening? Was i left out by mistake? Or was it because of some ruddy house elf (err.. Sorry Hermionee...) that my letter got blocked? But it was no use now, as i had already completed my graduation and was already earning muggle money. Didnt have no galleons or sickles or even knuts to even try to enroll my name.

But, main question was, why is hogwarts advertising its presence? Was there any scarcity of students? Or there were lack of funds? With so many questions in my head, i started looking in the direction shown by the arrow. I couldnt see anything. 'Maybe i am a muggle afterall' i thought and started walking. But wait, hogwarts is in England. Is there any secret passage from here to there? Or maybe a portkey? My eyes suddenly started darting in search of ordinary looking thing.. But alas! There were so many of those items, i just couldnt finalize which to try out first.. With all courage i had left (yeah 'left', coz bus journey in Bangalore eats up most of it) i thought of trying out the most ugliest looking thing, a rotten shoe.. And just when i was gonna touch it, a hand grabbed my shoulder from behind, bringing me back to world, this time, real world...

My uncle was shouting at me, 'Are you mad? This is the dumping ground of this area. What are you doing here?'

................................................

No comments: