Friday, January 12, 2007

Forgetting!

This is my second post. It comes after long long time. But frankly speaking i had forgotten to write the topic or even think about a topic!
I recently watched this movie by the name- hmmmmmm Oh shit! I have a gr8 habit of forgetting, forgetting anything that is forgettable (in literal sense i.e. all things except vital things) now I have forgot the movie name. I wanted to start this with a good scene from that movie. But......... Anyways, one of friends said that I am gonna have a very tough time with my GF, IF I get one! Reason : I keep forgetting everything.
Ha got it! Its 'Memento'. Gr8 movie. Its about a man who has got a condition in which he cant make any new memories. This happenes to him in an accident. So he cant make new memories after that accident. I m happy that at least i m better than the character of that movie. The guy in the movie cant remember what happened 2 mins before!
See now i had forgotten the topic. I was talking about forgetting. Is it a boon or curse? I personally think its boon upto some extent. B'coz u can just 'I forgot' if u hadnt done anyhing which u were supposed to do. Just imagine u not forgetting anything - i mean anything. It can be any unpleasant moment which u were very happy to forget. Just thing of experiencing the pain again and again in ur mind like experiencing the same moment again and again. Its 'forgetting' due to which we can go ahead in life by going past previous sorrows. Otherwise that li'l thing called Brain (although having almost TeraBytes of memory) will overflow with all those moments just like ur computer memory becomes not large enough when ur storage increases. Its 'forgetting' which works as disk cleaner of ur brain and keeps u fresh.
So next time time u say 'I forgot' just think of what it means to ur body!
Once again like last time thanx to word for spell check.

2 comments:

Shamanth Huddar said...

as u said it wud b nice to forget all the unpleasant experiences...but hw can u guarantee that u'll forget only th bad memories..? it wud be good if v cud choose to forget wt we want to..but then probably we would never be able to forget it,cuz we wud remember that we need to forget it..! thats the beauty of the human brain...that we wud forget the things gradually..specially the unpleasant.
but anywya in some cases,like in the movie itself...the very unpleasant experience of the lead charctr is the reason for his existence...so u may not want to forget the reason of ur existence...!

said...

thats very true shamanth.
but as it is said 'time is medicine to evrythin'. time heals evrythin. i.e. healing is done when something is damaged
is this case the damage is the bad memory. ur probability of forgettin a good moment is far less than that for a bad one